Download California Expenditure Data
The entire Open FI$Cal expenditure dataset can be downloaded here.
If you want to explore the data using interactive graphs, please go to the Explore Expenditures part of our site.
The data in the files linked here are subject to change, as they will reflect any adjustment transactions to a particular month that may happen after that month is over. New transactions for a given month can appear several months after the month ends.
We welcome your feedback; email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Downloadable Data Files
Files are shown in the following format:
- File name begins with Spending or Vendor as appropriate
- For Monthly Files: Fiscal Year in FY## format, where ## is the last 2 digits of the year in which the fiscal year begins. So FY18 is fiscal 2018-2019.
- For Monthly Files: Period in P## format. Period is generally equivalent to a month, with the first period being July and the twelfth period being June. So P03 is September.
- For Department Files: Department name in BU_XXXXXX…. format.
- For Department Files: Fiscal Year in FY## format.
- All files are in comma separated value (CSV) format.
- The date to the right of the file in the "UploadDate" column is the date the file was last updated.
- File size is shown in kilobytes, megabytes, or gigabytes.